NorCRID President Terri Manning and VP Jewel Jauregui are seated together against a plain backdrop signing NorCRID’s 2016 goals and announcements of upcoming events. The video content is described below.
Two weeks ago the NorCRID Board gathered for a full weekend to set goals for NorCRID 2016. The Board narrowed our focus to 4 key goals for the upcoming year:
1) Invite the community to discuss the current state of RID and NAD on testing. On Sunday, March 6 from 3:00-5:00PM at the Deaf Community Center in San Leandro, NorCRID, CAD, and DCARA will co-present a community town hall. More information available online at www.norcrid.org.
2) Organize and improve NorCRID’s administrative operations and procedures. By setting in place best current operational practices, the NorCRID board will in turn create smoother transitions for future NorCRID boards.
3) Make the NorCRID website fully accessible that is easy to maintain. We are excited to announce the transition to a newly formatted website created by NorCRID’s Membership Coordinator Becca Danton and CMP Coordinator Carmen Olson. The Board is tremendously grateful to Becca and Carmen for their efforts in this labor of love. Please check out the improvements at www.norcrid.org.
4) Fundraise to perpetuate and expand NorCRID’s potential to provide engaging and educational events. Stay tuned for forthcoming announcements for a fundraising event currently in the works: NorCRID Movie Night!
NorCRID has an exciting year ahead with these goals and a host of events for you. Here’s a preview of what’s to come:
- March 6 from 3-5PM Town Hall at the DCC, San Leandro
- March 11-13 Human Anatomy with Nigel Howard, Santa Rosa – FULL. Many thanks to the North Bay Workshop Committee: Cris Eggers, Mary Huber Graham, Sandy McLennon & Jennifer Jacobs.
- April 15-17 Street Leverage Live 2016 in Fremont
- June 11 The T in LGBT with Drago Renteria and Jennifer Mantle, San Francisco. Many thanks to the T in LGBT Workshop Committee: Mera Kelley-Yurdin, Noah Berlove, & Jim Brune.
- June 25-26 SF Pride Beverage Pour
- Nov NorCRID Annual Conference, date TBD
Please mark your calendars!
As NorCRID is entirely run by volunteers, we welcome you to be a part of what NorCRID does in this exciting year ahead! Please check out the website for more information in getting involved in NorCRID.
We know this is a lengthy and detailed post, and we thank you for your attention and interest in NorCRID happenings.